File a Civil Rights Complaint

If you believe that you have been the target of discrimination,  you should file a complaint as soon as possible. In most circumstances, your  complaint window may be limited to as little as 180 days from the date of the  discriminatory incident. The NAACP cannot help with your civil rights complaint  until all required forms have been completed and returned;Thorough completion of  this form will help to expedite the handling of your complaint;  If you have an urgent  civil rights complaint, you may also wish to directly contact an attorney for representation.

The sheer volume of complaints received prevents the NAACP from pursuing every matter.  Our ability to assist is directly related to membership support.  We do not receive financial support from the government.

Before you file:
The  alleged discriminatory act(s) must have occurred in Kansas;
The person or entity against who you are complaining is not a United States, Canadian or Native American governmental agency;
The  matter is not pending in any court of law.


To  process a civil rights complaint, the individual must be able to provide enough information to reasonably establish that there has been a violation of the law.
To establish grounds, it will be helpful to the investigating agency if you can  provide the following information:
1. The  name, address and telephone number of the person or business against who you are complaining and, for employment complaints, your best estimate of the total number of persons employed by the business;
2. The dates of all alleged discriminatory  incidents and the names of everyone involved;
3. Specific examples of different/discriminatory treatment, indicating the people and conduct involved;
4. Names, addresses and telephone numbers (if possible) of all witnesses;
5. Copies of any relevant policies and/or documents;
6.  For an employment complaint that involves a union, please provide the name, address, and telephone number of the union local and the relevant representative. Also include the status of any filed grievance(s);
7.  Copies  of any complaints filed with any state or federal agency.


If  the matter is to referred to the Kansas Human Rights Commission (KDRC),  the act(s) of alleged discrimination must have occurred in the areas of
employment, public accommodation or serviceeducation, or  housing, within the past 180 days;

If  it is an employment matter, it can still be referred to the Equal  Opportunity Commission (EEOC) if the alleged discriminatory act(s) occurred
within the past 300 days;

You  should be able to provide a reason for your belief that the act(s) occurred  because of religion, race, color, national origin, age (1),  sex, height (2),
weight (3),  marital status  (4),  familial status (5),  physical or mental disability, arrest record  (6), or in retaliation for making or participating in a complaint about one of these  categories;

P.O. Box 21298 Wichita, KS 67208 1-866-591-1196